It’s funny ‘cos it’s true.
Makeup gals are like an entity of their own. They’re like ‘have you seen the Huda Textured Palette compared to the Modern Renaissance?’
And, ‘oh you’re an NC45 right? Yeah I only ever blend with a 217’. Beauty speak is a whole other language.
One thing we all understand though, are the daily struggles when you play with makeup – and how one small mistake with a mascara wand can ruin everything.
These are our ~ very serious~ first world problems.
1. That feeling when you know your mascara is definitely past the hygienic three-month mark but it was expensive so you just shrug your shoulders and use it anyway.
2. When you nail one eyeliner wing on the first attempt, but then your second eye looks like a four year-old boy attempted it.
3. Silently repeating the mantra, ‘eyebrows are sisters not twins’ to yourself as you fill in your brows.
4. Leaving your tan on for way longer than required while it’s developing for ‘extra tan-ness’. Still not sure this actually works.
5. Waking up in the morning with tan on and forgetting to wash it off before going to work. You’ll smell like a biscuit all day.
6. When you know you should stop with the highlighter but it’s just too pretty and you end up looking like the tin man.
7. Trying to apply mascara or lipstick in public and not make ‘that face’.
8. Secretly taking pride in doing everyone’s makeup/hair/glitter when getting ready for a night out or festival.
9. Also, secretly hating having to do everyone’s makeup/hair/glitter because you’ve got no time to be extra yourself.
10. Constantly having to buy bigger makeup storage because you can’t stop yourself in SEPHORA.
11. When you get foundation matched with the wrong tone at the store and have to go back and be like ‘I’m so sorry, it was probably just the light’ when really you’re thinking ‘how blind are you woman?!?’