HAVE you ever forked out £30 on a new foundation – only to find it does not match your skin tone?
Or, even worse, opened your make-up bag to discover it all needs replacing at once?
Here we team up with Deepak Taylor, from LatestFreeStuff.co.uk, to share some secrets on how to boost your cosmetics without splashing too much cash.
From free testers to unbranded brushes, Deepak shares six top tips to keeping your beauty balance in check.
- Ditch the brands: You can get unbranded make-up brushes on Amazon cheaper than with the big names in beauty. Use tools such as Amazon Discount Finder and price trackers to find big discounts.
- Look out for sales: Superdrug often has big make-up sales online where the products are cheaper than in store. You can also get free click and collect so you don’t have to pay for delivery.
- Use Vaseline: A tub of Vaseline can be used as a make-up remover for eyes. It works out much cheaper than buying wipes and remover.
- Beat the brands: Research who owns the brand you like and switch to a cheaper alternative by the same company. For example, did you know that L’Oréal also makes Yves Saint Laurent products.
- Become a tester: Sign up to all the product- testing panels from the big beauty companies, such as Boots Volunteer and Elemis review panel. You’ll get a load of goodies.
- Freebies from the beauty counter: If you are thinking of shelling out £20-plus on a product, you should always ask for a sample first so you can try it at home. Some skincare brands are more generous than make-up counters. Clarins, in particular, is known for its bounty of freebies.
Clean up with steamer deal
SAVE BIG: It’s time to get rid of those stubborn stains from the living room carpet. The Polti PTGB0049 Vaporetto Go Steam Cleaner is good for cleaning the carpets, windows and grout. Now £49.98, was £89.98 from appliancesdirect.co.uk. Offer ends October 29.
SAVE SMALL: Get ahead of the Christmas shopping game with this Soap & Glory Hello Super Spa set. It includes Righteous Butter 3 in 1, Body Butter, Body Wash, Body Scrub, Face Wash and Lip Gloss. Now £15, was £20 from Boots until November 2.
Free lunch with Subway scheme
SAVER SPOT 1: Subway has got lunch breaks sorted by giving away free 6in subs on Friday, November 3. Register with its loyalty scheme before Monday and you’ll get a Subcard with 500 loyalty points – which you can then use to get your free sub.
SAVER SPOT 2: With many energy providers’ cheaper fixed-term deals ending next week, it is expected that 138,000 households will automatically be moved on to pricey default tariffs. This could mean a £331 a year price hike, according to comparethemarket.com. Look at switching providers.
- Prices correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
Win £5,000 cash
WITH winter just around the corner and the autumn chill forcing us to put the heating on, now is the time of year our household bills start to increase.
But The Sun is here to help as we’re giving you the chance to win £5,000 to put toward your bills for a year.
TEN lucky winners will get £5,000 cash each.
To enter, simply join Sun Savers today. Then collect ten Sun Savers codes before Tuesday, October 31.
Today’s code and how to join Sun Savers is on further down. Once you have your ten codes, you will be
prompted to enter. Make sure you enter by Monday, November 13.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Collect TEN Sun Savers codes from the 18 printed in The Sun between today, Saturday, October 14, and Tuesday, October 31, 2017. Last chance to join in is Sunday, October 22. Competition closes at 23:59 on Monday, November 13. Over-18s, residents of the UK only. One entry per person.
Winners will be selected at random from all valid entries. There will be TEN winners of £5,000 only. Allow 28 days from entry closing for the draw to take place. Winners will be notified within seven days. No cash alternative to prize in whole or in part. Prize is non-transferable. Your information will only be used for the purposes of this competition. Promoter is News Group Newspapers Ltd.
Not open to staff of the Promoter and promotional partner or their families. The winners will be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this competition. The Editor’s decision is final.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club, which launched this week, will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Simply collect 28 codes and we’ll give you £5 for FREE
In fact, it is completely up to you how much you save.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
All we’ll ask of you is your name, your date of birth and an email address to get you on the way to your first crisp fiver.
You can choose to save or cash out straight to your bank account or instantly with Paypal.
Don’t delay — join Sun Savers now!